[Klug-general] easy/fast web design

James Morris james at jwm-art.net
Tue Mar 30 12:02:15 UTC 2010

On 30/3/2010, "Dan Attwood" <danattwood at googlemail.com> wrote:

>both drupal and joomla will do what you want and might be overkill for now
>but will let you expand later - bit of learning curve though for 25 days

I know php, html, and css, but i've only ever written my own php without
using anything like joomla/drupal/phpbb etc. So was hoping that would be
enough to make it a cinch to_not_ go down the hack-my-own-dodgy-cms
route.

Sigh. I'm starting to discover hatred toward website building.

Anyway I cheered my partner up last night when I told her about how IE
tends to make up it's own standards rather than fully respect the
W3C's (or the WDG?) standards and so that carefully designed site will
suddenly break when you look at it in IE.

james.