[Klug-general] Kent Digest, Vol 272, Issue 5

Gavin Coles gavin at indie-it.com
Thu May 6 06:54:24 UTC 2010

[Quote]

The new look and feel desktop is HORRIBLE in my not so humble opinion.
Within three minutes I had set it back to human-clearlooks.  David's
reaction was the same.  My suggestion on that front would be "stop
messing around with pointless re-branding and get on with something useful."

Mike

[/Quote]

It is amazing how much has been written about the new themes and the movement of buttons from right to left and in Ubuntu 10.04, or me it has never been a biggie.  If the look and feel in not to your liking then you have the option of changing it and at least Ubuntu gives you the option of putting the buttons where you want them and in whatever order you want. People hated the old default theme and people will hate the new one you are never going to have 100% of people satisfied with a look.

I have done two fresh installs so far of 32bit 10.04, one on my Toshiba U200 laptop and the second on a generic desktop 'clone' both have gone without any problems with the exception of the desktop which for some reason needed a reboot to see the network card 'properly'.

With regards to another recent post regarding SiS graphics card drivers there are Linux equivalents available, from memory they can be downloaded direct from www.sis.com

Regards,

Gavin Coles

Indie IT
21 Cunningham Crescent
BIRCHINGTON
Kent
CT7 9LE

Telephone:	01843 848187
Fax:			0870 7051679
Mobile:		07909604131
Web:			www.indie-it.com
Web:			www.linuxisready.co.uk

This message may contain confidential information and is intended only for the individual(s) named.  If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.  Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.