[Klug-general] Low energy server

Peter Apps peter at sheppey.free-online.co.uk
Wed May 12 09:38:33 UTC 2010

Many thanks to Colin and Dan for their suggestions. I've ordered a
Viglen MPC-L. It claims to cost a pound a year to run, is small enough
to sit on the shelf beside the router and has Xubuntu installed.

The GuruPlug was interesting but there were complaints about it
overheating on various forums. It may be too new and still a bit buggy.

I also came across the Bubba server. It has good reviews but was dearer
than the others.

It's interesting to discover what's out there.
Regards, Peter