[Klug-general] Kent Digest, Vol 273, Issue 6

Michael E. Rentell michael.rentell at ntlworld.com
Sat May 15 10:16:49 UTC 2010

Thanks for that Gavin. I am sure I have most of that detail on the
original documentation you supplied. But that is at the bottom of a
drawer somewhere.

As perhaps you saw from the KLUG exchange, I was unaware that the 512Mb
graphics card Inno3d GeForce 9400 card that I purchased would run better
on a separate power lead. I was fairly certain that the main power
supply included would be sufficient.

The graphics card didn't come with any form of written instructions
(probably a cheap Chinese generic type) but there was an Nvidia CD
driver which I have used for the Vista partition but it still glitches.

Today I have found a line in very tiny print on the inside cover of the
nvidia driver CD envelope which says: Some cards require supplementary
power and the connector is located at the top-right hand corner of the card.

I got that CD out of its box because it occurred to me that there would
be full installations instructions on a pdf on it.

Correct!

So I will read that carefully and then see what I can do about extra
power. If I get baffled I will come back to you.

Thanks for the advice.

MikeR