[Klug-general] Motherboards

Alex Layfield alex at alexlayfield.force9.co.uk
Sun Nov 14 13:44:54 UTC 2010

Intel...

/A

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Apps <peter at sheppey.free-online.co.uk>
Sender: kent-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 13:01:27
To: Kent Linux User Group - General Topics<kent at mailman.lug.org.uk>
Subject: Re: [Klug-general] Motherboards
I agree but is an ethernet chipset that demanding nowadays? And why is
my Asus board the only one that won't read memory sticks or wlan
dongles, yet machines with far lower specifications pick them up without
trouble. They're all Kubuntu/Lubuntu.

I've had the same problems on two boards now so does Asus buy job lots
of chipsets that no one else wants or do they cut out bits and call them
Windows compatible?

Either way, I don't want another Asus so I'm looking for a good general
purpose board that just works.

Peter