[Klug-general] Live and Dev enviroments

James Blake jimmyblake at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 12:50:03 UTC 2010

Following on from what Mike and David has said, we move our products through the release management process between our different grids (development -> QA -> alpha -> beta -> production) using scripts we've written in Puppet.  We also script some of our testing (both functional testing, and security testing such as source code analysis and fuzzing).

Even tough we use lots of different platforms (including required changes to firewalls and switches) and thousands of server, Puppet works well.

James