[Klug-general] A word of warning about wireless WPA-PSK encryption keys

James Morris jwm.art.net at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 10:00:15 UTC 2010

I spent several days googling information about the broadcom b43
wireless device (in Debian, the network-config and b43-fmcutter
packages are all you need and it's easy) with this morning spent
trying to understand the debug output of wpa_supplicant. Then I "reset
wireless security to default" (all I had changed was the key) and it
all magically works. So I assume you can't use as many punctuation
characters as suggested. I do though wonder if it's because I didn't
install enough character encodings? I only installed gb-utf8 IIRC and
looking in /etc/network-config/settings.txt the pound sign had been
misrepresented. But it all works now so ok.