[Klug-general] Canterbury Hackspace

Fish goldfish654 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 14:29:18 UTC 2010

Hi all,

It seems there are a number of people in the Canterbury/East Kent area
who would be interested in starting a "hackspace".  If you don't know
what one of those is: http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/

Our ideal goal would be to have a space of our own in Canterbury,
which would provide:
 * Internet access
 * Computers
 * Workshop space with tools for building things, developing
electronics and other stuff
 * A meeting area for people to discuss projects.

If we did manage to find somewhere to do this, this would provide KLUG
with a home, that you'll be able to use for meetings every month!  You
could also use it as a place to do projects and other stuff.

If you're interested in seeing where this goes, please join our
mailing list here:

http://groups.google.com/group/canterbury-hackspace

The first thing we'll be doing is organising some pub-meets or
similar, which we may well post about on this mailing list (assuming
this is acceptable!).

Cheers,

Chris 'Fish' Roberts