[Klug-general] New FLUG site + easy-to-install hyperlocal LUG sites

Jake Subs subs at growdigital.net
Sun Oct 31 16:45:15 UTC 2010

Just to say that I've finally migrated the Faversham Linux Users Group
to a WordPress multisite install:

http://www.flug.org.uk/

What this means in practical terms is that it is *very easy* to set up
a new web site for a 'hyperlocal' LUG (about 3 minutes to create the
wordpress site and 2 hours to set up the menus, event management,
pages etc.)

So if anyone, for whatever crazy, out-of-their-mind reason, would like
to set up a localised LUG in their own town, let me know.

Also, it would be easy to aggregate workshops/demos centrally, eg the
RSS feed for FLUG events is:
http://www.eventbrite.com/events/rss/organizer_list_events/618524575

On a different note, there's 1 ticket left for the Make your own logo
workshop next tuesday night 7pm at the elephant in Faversham.
http://makelogo.eventbrite.com/

And Matthew Pearce has put a lot of work in to his demo of the
python-based web framework Django:
http://introtodjango.eventbrite.com/

Finally finally, hope the tech meeting was good, sorry I couldn't get
there, saturday mornings all tied up.

cheers, Jake