[Klug-general] VPN

Peter Childs pchilds at bcs.org
Thu Sep 2 08:41:06 UTC 2010

I'm looking for some help on VPNs. For the purpose of getting into
lans else where.

Open VPN seams to be the cheap, free, open way to go, however its very
very complicated, this idea of needing, a Certificate, a Private Key
and something else and generating all of these are quite difficult to
generate also they have already baffled me.

I looked at PPTP, but the need to get GRE through the router caused
quite a few extra problems, Great so long as its set up on the router
(meaning zero config) and so long as security is not important.

I ideally want something easy to set up, secure, and easy for users to
log there desktop into, both under Linux and Windows.

Peter.