[Klug-general] Dodgy BT broadband

Jake Subs subs at growdigital.net
Tue Sep 7 11:23:09 UTC 2010

The place where I rent office space has BT business broadband.
However, I suspect that it's not very good.

I said that I could monitor the wireless and broadband connection over
a couple of days on my trusty old ubuntu netbook. What I want to do is
to test uptime connection to the internet, and also test connection
speed.

I had a dig about and found this very useful resource:
http://www.ubuntugeek.com/bandwidth-monitoring-tools-for-linux.html

However, it's information overload for my simple needs -- can anyone
recommend a simple GUI tool from the vast array of software available?

Many thanks, yet again, in advance, Jake