[Klug-general] managing multiple users

David Halliday david.halliday at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 09:09:48 UTC 2010

Some discussion on it here:
http://www.linuxquestions.org/linux/answers/Networking/How_to_list_all_your_USERs

<http://www.linuxquestions.org/linux/answers/Networking/How_to_list_all_your_USERs>I
did this s few years ago to pull out Active Directory users:
http://david-halliday.co.uk/?Linux:Make_/home/
<http://david-halliday.co.uk/?Linux:Make_/home/> (I wanted them to have a
/home on a linux box so they had FTP, SSH and (as a result of a public_html
directory) HTTP web hosting easily configured for educational purposes.
While that wbinfo command is for ad users there might be something else but
I can't find it yet.

A short answer to your question could be something along the lines of:
sudo cat /etc/passwd | grep '/home' | cut -d : -f 1