[Klug-general] managing multiple users

Michael E. Rentell michael.rentell at ntlworld.com
Fri Sep 24 10:38:13 UTC 2010

I don't very often respond, although I do lurk all the time. But on this
topic I can stick my skinny oar in.

I used to do Mandriva but subsequently found PCLinuxOS to be even
better. It is based on Mandriva and uses a lot of their tools, including
user management. But software updates etc come via synaptic.

The only drawback with pclos is that they don't do a 64-bit version
which is a pity. When I queried this I got a terse reply 'It all works
fine at 32-bit but if you really want 64-bit please go ahead and compile
it yourself.'

I wish....

MikeR
in Folkestone