[Klug-general] Apache single sign on with windows

Daniel Ellis mail at danellis.co.uk
Thu Sep 30 12:42:07 UTC 2010

My subversion box authenticates with AD.  But it isn't seamless, both
Firefox and IE prompt for the domain credentials to be entered.  I
didn't figure out how to make it seamless, but I guess it is due to me
using Basic Authentication as follows:

AuthName "Enter your domain username and password"
AuthType Basic
AuthBasicProvider ldap
AuthLDAPBindDN "CN=X,OU=-- System Accounts,OU=X,DC=X,DC=X"
AuthLDAPBindPassword "X"
AuthLDAPURL "ldap://X:389/ou=X,dc=X,dc=X?samAccountName?"
AuthLDAPGroupAttributeIsDN on
require ldap-group CN=Software Development,OU=-- Security
Groups,OU=XX,DC=XX,DC=XX

Do you have the authentication with AD working already?  Is it just
the seamless bit you are after now?

Dan Ellis