[Klug-general] TTY config

Laurence Southon laurence at southon.uk.net
Tue Apr 5 07:28:27 UTC 2011

On 04/04/11 22:30, Julia Freeman wrote:

> Unfortunately in the last dist-upgrade some bright spark decided that
> replacing the ever faithful 80x40 tty would be a good idea, so now I have
> some abominable frame buffer thing working at a stupid resolution with a
> tiny font that is not easy on the eyes after 36 hours of screen time.

Is this Debian Squeeze?

Install the console-setup package then 'dpkg-reconfigure console-setup'.

Choose utf-8 > Latin1 > VGA > 24?

Then as this is controlled by Grub2 you will have to reboot!

Welcome to Windows on Linux.

Maybe there is another way I haven't found yet.

LS
--
Laurence Southon
Tiger Computing, Bexley