[Klug-general] QR-Codes

David Halliday david.halliday at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 09:04:13 UTC 2011

Since it has been mentioned here I'll post a link my wiki where I have made
some notes on what I did.
http://david-halliday.co.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=linux:scripts:encode_qr_codes

<http://david-halliday.co.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=linux:scripts:encode_qr_codes>My
situation was a requirement to create a batch (70 -100) of QR codes for
digital business cards that can be scanned by mobile phones (or netbooks).

There are web based generators for generic QR codes:
http://qrcode.kaywa.com/
<http://qrcode.kaywa.com/>Here is one for a business card:
http://www.the2dcode.com/qr-code-generator

<http://www.the2dcode.com/qr-code-generator>Part of the interest was using
google docs to build a form that pushes data into a google document
spreadsheet for easy extraction/manipulation. If you want to collect data
from people quickly and easily this is a lot easier and faster than building
your own web based data capture page and data model etc...