[Klug-general] GPS

Peter Childs PChilds at bcs.org.uk
Sun Apr 10 19:23:32 UTC 2011

On 10 April 2011 20:01, Rich <klug-mail at richayres2.plus.com> wrote:
> Hi All
>  Not really Linux but can anyone recommend a simple and inexpensive  GPS.
> All I am concerned with is that it will display grid reference for current
> position. I am sure there is an app for this you can download, but the phone
> itself is more than I would be prepared to pay. Birthday present for
> significant other so chance for loads of brownie points!
>      Regards R.
>   P.S. I have had a good look around the web but none of the options found
> seem to specify G.R. display

Not sure what's around currently. The OSM wiki may be a good place to
check... http://wiki.osm.org

You should be able to get a GPS receiver that connects via Bluetooth
or USB.... Quick look at Amazon says prices start around £15. but you
might need to check how it connects.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluenext-BN903S-Channels-GPS-Dongle/dp/B003Q6KZOQ/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1302462698&sr=1-2

Peter