[Klug-general] Gnome3

James Morris jwm.art.net at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 23:15:12 UTC 2011

On 11 April 2011 15:03, Paul Littlefield <info at paully.co.uk> wrote:
> On 10/04/11 23:22, James Morris wrote:
>>
>> As some sort of conclusion I can note that my time spent using Gnome3
>> has been considerably greater than that spent using KDE4.6, and that I
>> spent more time in Gnome3 using software to do things than just
>> playing around wasting time.
>
> Nice write up James. I will let people have my experience of Gnome 3 when I
> get around to it!

Thanks. It will be interesting to hear what others make of it. As I
predicted, it's not for me, and I've returned to XFCE 4.8. What I'd
like to see in XFCE is an easily customizable menu where menu items
can be dragged and dropped to and from panels, file managers, and
other menu areas. The fewer panels I have cluttering the desktop the
better, an easily customizable menu would help toward this goal.

XFCE still suffers from the same age old problem of themes never
satisfying and looks a little dated because it lacks the attention to
detail paid in some areas of Gnome3 and KDE.

James.