[Klug-general] Disaster Recovery?

sharon kimble boudiccas at talktalk.net
Sun Apr 24 07:08:18 UTC 2011

I've just installed Debian 6 as my desktop and in the process managed
to format and install debain 6 onto my external hard drive. This
contained <all> my backups of everything in my home folder. So now
I'm having to start afresh with everything but means that I've also lost
everything too.

The drive was formatted either ext3 or ntfs, i'm not sure which, but i
would be eternally grateful if someone could restore all the information
on it, or work with me following their commands to restore it.

i can be contacted here through email, or on the irc #klug channel with
the same nick.

Can you help me recover from this disaster please?

If not, do you know any reputable disaster recovery people who don't
charge an arm and a leg for restoring it?

Sharon.