[Klug-general] Samba....

sharon kimble boudiccas at talktalk.net
Thu Apr 28 01:10:37 UTC 2011

On Thursday 28 April 2011 01:36:15 MacGyveR wrote:

> Centos is used at the day job in internal and external servers. I find it
> is stable and updates without any problems. But it has been slow of
late
> to release new versions, which is fine as long as you don't want the
> latest features to play with.

Indeed that very slowness of updating from 5.5 to 5.6, and no real
reason being given as to the delay was the last straw, that caused me
to move to debian 6. Plus I wanted a more up-to-date distro which
could run the up -to-date software that i needed - like gramps,
gourmet, and kmymoney. Centos is good and stable, and I enjoyed my
time with it and learnt a lot from it and its good for servers, but I'm not
sure that its ready for the desktop.

Sharon.