[Klug-general] Permissions problem

Michael E. Rentell michael.rentell at ntlworld.com
Thu Dec 15 10:16:09 UTC 2011

On 15/12/11 07:51, Alex Layfield wrote:
> Does ur root on the other machine hv the same password?
>
> Did u change it recently?
>
> Perhaps Uid of the one root doesn't match the Uid of the other?
>
> U could create a new user/group for the shared directories with the right permissions allocated?
>

> /A

My root and user names etc are the same on the backup machine. Haven't
changed them recently.

The problem is also that the size of the backup is so big that if I send
the entire content of the main machine to a new sub-directory on the
backup machine it will fill the HD. Which is why I only do an
incremental. Believe me that did work wonderfully until recently.

I may have changed something in the way of permissions on the backup
machine but at my age I cannot exactly remember all that has happened.

If I can't get this sorted I may have to restore, from that backup set
so that I pretty will fill my main machine. Clear the backup machine and
then do a full to it.

But it's all a bit of a fag and I'm bound to lose something in the
process, if not everything.
MikeR