[Klug-general] Getting an application to work under wine

David Halliday david.halliday at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 17:05:00 UTC 2011

wine: http://www.winehq.org/

I am looking for some more generic documentation, despite a few google
searches (probably the wrong words) I can't find what I'm looking for.

I have a windows application and want to run it under wine. The WineHQ has
an old entry for an old version of the application so there is a chance it
may work now. However when I try to run it it starts, things happen then
BOOM. I have been using winetricks: http://wiki.winehq.org/winetricks

Sometimes finding a package that makes the installation go a bit further
etc...

Is there a guide/documentation that people know of where I can get some
guidance on the output of the wine package so I can quicker find what
libraries/APIs etc... might be missing?
Is there a tool that can inspect a binary and work it out for me?