[Klug-general] Running a script @ StartUp (Ubuntu10.04)

Peter Childs pchilds at bcs.org
Thu Feb 10 07:48:15 UTC 2011

On 9 February 2011 20:52, Alex Layfield <alex at alexlayfield.force9.co.uk>wrote:

> Tried .xinitrc & .xsessionrc...
>
> I think correctly...
>
> Do I have to run any upd8ing script after fiddling around?
>
> Am leaving her house now, to recuperate...
>
> Still in need of help...
>
> Does this have anything to do with udev?
>

> /A

That will not work. That is because xinput is a X command, and needs X to be
running before it will work, which its not if your using rc.local.

There are several ways to solve this issue.

1. You may be able to adjust the config of X so it does not talk to the
touch pad.

2. There are a number of startup scripts in /etc/X11/Xsession.d that run
when an X session starts you should be able to put your script in here.
Actially look at /etc/X11/Xsession which runs when you login.

Hope that helps

Peter