[Klug-general] Is anyone using Ubuntu 11.04 (Natty Narwhal) yet?

David Halliday david.halliday at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 09:23:37 UTC 2011

I gave last nights CD a try.

The joys of taking something that is the latest cut from SVN, didn't even
boot. Things froze after the buttons to "Install" or "Run from CD" appeared
on screen (I wasn't able to move the mouse or use the keyboard to click one
of them). So for now, the release is still very much for those who like a
challenge.

I am getting a little uncomfortable with the more "Mac like" feel of Ubuntu,
I tried the new Gnome Shell, I'm not that sure I like it. KDE feels too much
like Windows... I think Next time I might go for something using XFCE, or If
I have the time to customise I might run back to the minimalist arms of
fluxbox.

A few years ago I used Debian (many still do) it's like Gentoo but compiling
was optional... And I'm not going to start a distro war.