[Klug-general] Thank You Rene

David Halliday david.halliday at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 12:13:54 UTC 2011

This sort of technique has saved my life (OK, slight exaggeration) many
times.

Often I have used a distribution like Knoppix, DSL (although this is not so
much maintained any more) and RIP (Recovery Is Possible)
http://www.tux.org/pub/people/kent-robotti/looplinux/rip/

Best thing I have found is to copy the files to another machine on the
network and then go out and buy an external HDD to backup files onto for the
inevitable day that the HDD in your machine dies taking with it all the
files.