[Klug-general] well done

Rene Brehmer rbwalks at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 12:26:01 UTC 2011

There you go! I'm glad to hear that you succeed in the world of ubuntu.

with regards
René

On 6 Jul 2011 12:42, "Stephen Ryan" <intrench at googlemail.com> wrote:

Yesterday my son's Vista laptop went belly up and wouldn't boot. Whatever we
tried to get it booting didn't work so we forced into having to reinstall
Vista. But he had loads of music files and ordinarily I wouldn't have been
able to get to them. But because of my training on Saturday at Rene's place
I started looking to Ubuntu for answers.

This is what I found.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/

So basically, I created a Ubuntu boot CD and was able to recover the files.

No big deal you say! Well it was for me :)

Cheers again Rene

Stephen