[Klug-general] Nanoblogger [was Re: Thank You Rene]

sharon kimble boudiccas at talktalk.net
Wed Jul 6 18:32:17 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 06 July 2011 17:18:03 Stephen Ryan wrote:
> Hi Sharon, Thanks for the reference to your blog, I very much like the look
> of nanoblogger and intend to get into that.

Nanoblogger is a 'flat' blogger with no database behind it, just flat text files.
You create it on your hard drive and then publish it to your web site. I push
it upwards with gftp and it retains its permissions. As you can see I've been
using for a long time with very few problems, and those that I've had have
been helped to solve with the help of its yahoo mailing list.

> Basically the functions I need are all to do with managing my wordpress
> blogs.

From memory wordpress uses a mysql backend, nanoblogger is just plain text
files, so I know nothing about wordpress.

Take care
Sharon.