[Klug-general] Boot Problems

Laurence Southon laurence at southon.uk.net
Fri Jul 8 20:03:28 UTC 2011

On 08/07/11 19:35, Rich wrote:
> Yes message comes up as:
>                            Primary master system disc name
>                            Primary slave none
>                            Secondary Master CD rom
>                            Secondary Slave 160G (Data disc)
>            which as I arranged it.

Is the boot order in the BIOS OK?

Probably is, as the error indicates some problem in reading the disc.

Is it SATA or IDE? If IDE worth checking that jumpers are set correctly.

I've seen something like this with SATA where it was down to a faulty
SATA cable. Many hours of hair tearing came to an end by changing the
cable for a new one.

Failing all that I would boot from a System Rescue CD, and see if that
can see the file system on sda1. If it can you may need to re-run Grub
to get boot from that disc.

HTH,

LS
--