[Klug-general] Boot Problems

sharon kimble boudiccas at talktalk.net
Sat Jul 9 12:21:57 UTC 2011

On Saturday 09 July 2011 12:48:35 Rich wrote:
> On 08/07/11 20:51, Alex Layfield wrote:
> > U could boot with CD, then do an fsck /dev/sda1
> >
> > ?
> > /A

>   Have tried your suggestion Alex
> fsdk reports
>      /dev/sda1 clean,  59735/843776  files  304969/3369140 blocks
> /ls /boot has the same files as my working machine and as far as I can
> tell (lots of them) so does /boot/grub
> Trying to reinstall grub2 gives "Fatal Error" message but it does not
> say who the victim is presumably me!!
>   Rich

Rich.
Try taking out the power cable for the drive that you don't want used, no
power cable = no power = its not there! Then try installing grub2, or even
reinstalling your distro to get it booting properly. Once it is booting
properly then you can put the power cable back in and proceed as normal.

You do have good backups of your /home don't you?

Take care
Sharon.