[Klug-general] Vaio VGN-FE21M

James Morris jwm.art.net at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 13:52:38 UTC 2011

On 12 July 2011 12:03, Alex Layfield <alex.layfield at sky.com> wrote:
> Have searched for issues with sound on this laptop for ages.
>
> It seems that sound will only work on this machine while the hardware Mute button is pressed in?
>
> It needs to be continually pressed, and when one takes their 'finger off the pulse', all goes silent???
>
> Anyone able to explain/solve?

I'm wondering what kernel module the onboard sound uses, and wether
there's any module idiosyncrasies with it that might explain things?

Can you do `lspci -v | less`? When I do it, my PCI soundcard is listed
at the bottom, and this command will also show which kernel module is
in use. Once we know this we might be able to progress... perhaps.

James.