[Klug-general] ext harddrive

Alex Layfield alex.layfield at sky.com
Thu Jun 30 01:28:28 UTC 2011

chown?

/A

-----Original Message-----
From: me <rbwalks at gmail.com>
Sender: kent-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 23:21:46
To: <kent at mailman.lug.org.uk>
Subject: [Klug-general] ext harddrive
I have an encrypted ext harddrive Western Digital 1Tb which I can unlock
using the "Disk Utility" but recently I'm not able to mount the device
any more but I can see the device in "System Settings" and in terminal
with "sudo fdisk -l" but the device doesn’t appear in "Places" or in the
"Disk Mounter" but with another ext hard drive there is no problem I can
easily mount, unlock and access the device.
When I connect both devices to my laptop they appear in the "Disk
Utility" but I'm not able to mount and unlock them.
I have this problem since I made a fresh installation of the OS's on my
desktop and laptop.

with regards
Rene