[Klug-general] Recent posts to KLUG

George Prowse george.prowse at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 00:53:15 UTC 2011

On 07/03/2011 19:42, Kevin Groves wrote:
> All very true. The LUG did originally have a committee or rather it was
> a part of one of the original hosting group we were with. That committee
> went away when I broke from them, perhaps I should have kept the idea
> going but not enough members at the time.

Ahhh, so it's all your fault ;)

> I think it would benefit from having more structure as I know what you
> two guys have to go through, it was too much for one (me), its a lot for
> two (you two) so more hands will help. But it needs to be a little more
> formal I think, people then know who to properly contact, what areas
> various people are responsible for. OK it shouldn't get to the point
> where its like being at work, we are doing this for fun, but there needs
> to be structure to make things move and for decision making et.

There definitely needs to be some underlying formalness but I think it
should be connected to things like the website or those that
give/have/create venues. Those who are able and willing and put time
into KLUG should have more of a say in the running.

> The number of members I don't know any more but there should be enough
> to form one and make it work. If those of us who want to sort out local
> events then lets do it. I am willing to step back up and sort a local
> one out. I will post three root messages for the areas I am prepared to
> work in. If one or better still more can run then there is hope.
>
> And echoing Dan, come on everyone, this will only work if we all muck
> in. Don't mind if some can't really spare the time but we either want
> this LUG or not.

If you need something done that can be done in front of a computer then
I can help out but I am unable to go anywhere or sort out locations