[Klug-general] Venue Offering

David Halliday david.halliday at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 13:50:35 UTC 2011

I can remember that my uni used to do a £1 a pint night on Saturdays, this
was about 7 or 8 years ago... Oh! I feel OLD!

The uni bar was almost empty on Saturdays so they practically gave the beer
away to get people in. Although I suspect that the Euro fizz they sold was
watered down. At least it tasted like it.

On that note, I'm a big fan of ale and this advert speaks volumes:
http://wwwusers.brookes.ac.uk/08025399/images/beer.jpg

On 14 March 2011 06:38, Peter Childs <pchilds at bcs.org> wrote:

> On 13 March 2011 23:30, George Prowse <george.prowse at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 13/03/2011 22:43, Luc Tidy wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Some of those may have already seen this in the Medway Social thread,
>>> but I shall clarify here to everyone is on the same page.
>>>
>>> I am beginning machinations towards expanding my society over at the
>>> Universities of Medway Student Association at the Chatham Maritime
>>> campus, part of this expansion will be a general computer based entity,
>>> as well as looking to work in conjunction with KLUG. As per what we can
>>> offer, given a time frame of two weeks to allow for room bookings:
>>> 1. Technical Meetings with presentations, allowing for guests.
>>> 2. General Saturday meetings, show and tell with presentations.
>>> 3. Social meetings over at the campus pub, which given time I can
>>> organise an area of the pub set by for KLUGers.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> ~Luc
>>>

>> Campus pub... as in 50p pints? w00t!
>>

> In your dreams, When I was a Uni the Campus Pub had pints that were around
> the same price as Weatherspoons back then about £1.20 but that was 10 years
> ago....
>
> I suspect the price's are still the same as Weatherspoon's give or
> take.....
>
> Peter

Sent from my email client that wishes not to directly advertise itself or
any hardware platform!