[Klug-general] SVN Notes

Peter Childs pchilds at bcs.org
Sat Mar 26 21:44:46 UTC 2011

On 26 March 2011 21:16, Paul Littlefield <info at paully.co.uk> wrote:

> On 26/03/11 19:22, David Halliday wrote:
>
>> Hi, further to today's demo I have updated my notes on SVN:
>> http://david-halliday.co.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=linux:scripts:subversion_server
>>

> This is great, I was thinking about SVN  :-)
>
> Paully

For shear Interest Sake a list of revision control systems.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_revision_control_software

of this very very big list 3 are in common use.....

Subversion
Git
and Mercurial

I think the reason there are so many free distributed systems is some thing
along the lines of, it came after the client-server solutions and bitkeeper
stopped there free solution which everyone was using and hence this turned
in the chaos. Of lots of people giving lots of new solutions very quickly
before they could select which project to join.....

Peter