[Klug-general] Window Managers

David Halliday david.halliday at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 10:50:56 UTC 2011

On 28 March 2011 11:26, James Morris <jwm.art.net at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 28 March 2011 11:09, David Halliday <david.halliday at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I used to like fluxbox, it is light weight like EvilWM but a little more
> > user friendly.
>
> Fluxbox is completely different to EvilWM. But I Can't think of the
> technical terms for their placement strategies right now so can't
> elaborate.
>
> My likening fluxbox to EvilWM was based only on its being light weight,
less thrills and not being one of:
Gnome
KDE
XFCE
(there might be others now)
which offer on top of a window manager lots of extra applications for admin,
productivity etc... Perhaps I should have expressed that it is a window
manager project rather than a desktop environment type project... But where
the line is drawn...