[Klug-general] Tried debian again

Sharon Kimble skimble04 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 22:01:59 UTC 2011

On 28 March 2011 22:36, David Halliday <david.halliday at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, I tried debian again and fluxbox. My notes are on my wiki (15 mins to
> document a long two
> hours): http://david-halliday.co.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=linux:system:main_debian
> Didn't go to plan, spent ages messing around with graphics card when all I
> needed to do was restart! Perhaps my next OS install will be Xubuntu.

I found Debian very easy to install on my laptop, but i didn't
document it as it just went on so easily with the GUI. Everything just
worked, except i'm still struggling to get a network connection, but
i'm hoping that goes okay when i get round to working on it.

I prefer KDE, but having had a play with gnome I quite like it and
wouldn't hesitate to use it if KDE wasn't available.

Sharon.
--
A taste of linux http://www.sharons.org.uk/taste/index.html
efever http://www.efever.blogspot.com/