[Klug-general] FLOSS donation

David Halliday david.halliday at gmail.com
Tue May 31 18:21:23 UTC 2011

OK, I'm doing my homework.

Are there any lists/documents on projects that are or
aren't already sponsored? For example projects like Firefox already have
some commercial financial backing.

   - What about the kernel project itself?
   - The GNU foundation?

Previously mentioned applications:

   - Jedit (http://www.jedit.org/) great cross platform text editor with
   loads of plug-ins.
   - There was also a suggestion of nano but a donation link couldn't be
   found at the time.
   - Someone also mentioned a mobile phone thing but I think it was an OS
   (now no longer active).

Recent tech talks:

   - Fluxbox http://fluxbox.org/
   - OpenVPN (I think commercial backing already)
   - HGD (Does this count as April KLUG?)
   http://canthack.org/2011/02/unveiling-hgd-the-hackathon-gunther-daemon/
   - SVN (I think already commercially backed)
   - Gnome 3 (I think already commercially backed?)
   - Unity
   - EvilWM (We haven't had this talk yet)

How does this compare with other peoples notes?