[Klug-general] FLOSS donation

David Halliday david.halliday at gmail.com
Tue May 31 19:08:04 UTC 2011

> > What about the kernel project itself?
> Doesn't it already have lots of commercial/corporate support?
> See (2007): http://lwn.net/Articles/247582/

Thank you, I thought that the kernel was commercially backed but untill now
hadn't read any hard facts. Very interesting link.

> > The GNU foundation?
>
> Possibly, maybe... But wouldn't a smaller project gain more benefit
> from our donation?

More than likely, I just thought I'd put it out there as a possible "catch
all" but I suppose it might be classed as a distro (As long as RMS doesn't
read that comment we are safe).

> I'd rather  put forward XFCE for the vote.
>
> James.
>
> Good point we have all mentioned the quality of that desktop environment,
how about also on the subject of window managers/desktop environments
http://lxde.org/ used in Lubuntu?