[Klug-general] CLI for resources?

Michael E. Rentell michael.rentell at ntlworld.com
Thu Nov 3 11:07:38 UTC 2011

Thanks for all the advice guys. I think my mate in Maryland has given
upon the Boy God. He's actually intending to pay $25.00 for a boxed set
of ubuntu so that he gets the book and a bit of support.

But I'm worried that his old laptop won't cope because Unity needs a
graphics card so I've advised him to consider lubuntu with its own
sparky LXDE. I have that on my old laptop and it's fine. He wanted to
use those CLIs to work out which version to go for.
Lots of good advice forthcoming this morning and I've sent it all to him.

MikeR