[Klug-general] Solution to media cards mounted read only

Mike Evans mike at tandem.f9.co.uk
Sun Nov 20 11:55:37 UTC 2011

On 20/11/11 09:01, James Morris wrote:

> Just curious, but have users of distributions where automounting is
> setup out the box experienced these problems?

Fedora has automounting set up, presumably as part of the gnome
configuration.  (I'm still using Fedora 12, though I'm planing to go for
F16 in the next week now that it has had time to settle in a little)

I've not had the problem you mention, though I use SD cards very little.
  However I did have an problem with my Touchbook
(www.alwaysinnovating.com) where it refused to boot.  Weirdly it then
booted again after I had tried reading its SD card in my desktop
computer.  I had thought that might be a co-incidence - but your
original email on this made me think it might not have been.

Well whadaya know?  The touchbook has started acting up again so I put
the SD card in the desktop again.  It didn't make a difference - but I
do get a complaint on mounting that it is mounting the filesystem 'with
errors'.  It doesn't mark it read only though.  I tried the command you
gave and that didn't make any difference - but I'm thinking that it's
related somehow.  Who knows?  Maybe it's something else entirely but
your email got me thinking.