[Klug-general] P.C. Cut out

MacGyveR macgyver at thedumbterminal.co.uk
Wed Nov 30 23:08:44 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 30 November 2011 21:29:19 klug-mail at richayres2.plus.com wrote:

> Still running.!!!!
>  What I meant by cutting out is screen goes blank but box appears to be
> still working - lights on fan running. But after a while the monitor
> displays a "No Signal" Message.
>  These last two messages are from her machine has been running for an hour

Can you still "ping" the machine's IP address when the screen goes blank?

If you have external speakers (not on the monitor), can you still hear music
if you play an MP3 and wait for the screen to go blank?

Do you have a nvidia graphics card? as the os drivers can have problems with
some chipsets.

Does the blanking happen while you are using it or when the machine is left
idle?