[Klug-general] Enlightenment - finally

James Morris jwm.art.net at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 14:36:18 UTC 2011

I've not really had a great deal of problems with 64bit desktops. But
I use XFCE so my desktop is (how I want it) simpler. I run into
trouble a while back using Arch testing. An upgrade to Xorg had an
incompatible API for the (at the time, maybe still) existing Nvidia
driver. As Arch is a rolling release distro, there wasn't actually a
great deal (for me) to gain from using testing so I downgrade a few
packages and carried on. It caused me to try out the Nouveau driver
which seemed fine until I decided to play Minecraft (implemented in
Java) which crashed out on login for which no answer could be found -
until I switched back to using Nvidia again. Otherwise, I've not had
any 64bit related issues (and I'm not entirely convinced these are
64bit related issues either). Besides, 64bit isn't exactly new
anymore.

James.