[Klug-general] dvd problems

sharon kimble boudiccas at talktalk.net
Tue Oct 18 15:52:56 UTC 2011

i've just tried to load a blank DVD into the DVD drive in preparation of
burning it, and it rattles around but is not 'seen'. The widget in the system
tray doesn’t show that its seen, so i guess that its not seen. Neither k3b or
brassero see the blank DVD either and just prompt me to insert a blank disc.
I've tried it with two different makes of DVD but neither is seen.

So I inserted a burnt DVD that it did a few days ago, and it doesn’t see that
either. I've tried ...... mount /media/cdrom ....... but it just comes back
with "mount: no medium found on /dev/sr0"

Any ideas please for solutions to my problem?

Sharon.
--
A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk/taste/index.html
Debian 6,0.3, KDE 4.4.5, LibreOffice 3.4.3