[Klug-general] A cli for bulk owner changes?

Mike Evans mike at tandem.f9.co.uk
Fri Oct 21 16:06:17 UTC 2011

This is exactly the sort of job where the command line is your friend -
and that is equally so in Windows/DOS also.

chown and chgrp will help you.

Assuming you want everything under /home/user to belong to user do

sudo chown -R user /home/user
sudo chgrp -R user /home/user

at least I think that's it - check the manual page as I don't have time
to do that right at the moment and this is from memory.

   man chown

for example.

Mike