[Klug-general] MythTV

Peter Childs pchilds at bcs.org
Tue Oct 25 18:27:41 UTC 2011

On 25 October 2011 19:18, Karl Buckland <buckland.karl at googlemail.com>wrote:

> If the programmes are appearing separately on the EPG then you will
> probably have to set it to record all of the parts. I'm not sure
> there's an easy way around that.
>
> I would argue that MythTV is much more intelligent than a Tivo, with
> it's advert skipping and being able to watch programmes on a computer.
> The only reason that the Virgin Tivo box knows that those programmes
> are the same film is because Virgin have told it so.
>
> Karl

I've not seen TiVo only watched the Adverts I was just trying to figure out
how to get Myth to work better and do some of the things I've seen
advertised.

I'd like to think TiVo or Sky Plus can do everything Myth Can but I'm not
sure it can challege what they can do out of the box so to speak
currently.....

Peter.