[Klug-general] Passwords

Peter Childs pchilds at bcs.org
Mon Sep 5 07:24:29 UTC 2011

I'm looking for a method to store passwords, that is

a> Shared between multiple systems ie Kerbros so passwords on all the
machine on the lan are the same and kept the same.
b> Stored Local ie Shadow passwords so it works when the central database is
down aka the KDC, and either locked till the central repository is back
or resynchronised.

I'm thinking of some kind of Distributed password database but I can't think
of a simple method of implementing this.

Any ideas, I can't think of anything that fits the bill.

Peter.