[Klug-general] php image blending modes

Dan Attwood danattwood at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 07:39:32 UTC 2012

Hi

I'm looking to try and write something that will take images and layer
them and blend them together using the blending modes like hard light,
diffusion, screen etc that can be found in the GIMP, Photoshop and the
like.

This would need to be hooked into PHP scripts but could run any
program from the CLI as needed to do it.

Imagemajick, GD and other libraries I've found do offer some blending
modes but not not the same ones that can be found in the Gimp et al
and also those blending modes seem to be applied to one image, not the
blending between two different images.

Does anyone have any suggestions on libraries/ programs that could achieve this?