[Klug-general] Worst Ubuntu update ever

Mike Evans mike at tandem.f9.co.uk
Sat Apr 28 11:35:09 UTC 2012

I've not updated - because I'm ditching our old failing laptop (which is
where I've historically run Ubuntu).  We have a new Asus X54H, on which
I had intended to install Ubuntu minus Unity - but it arrived and I'd
not downloaded a suitable install iso and did have Fedora16 so whacked
that on it with the intention of installing Ubuntu in another partition
later.  Sounds as though I shouldn't bother unless someone can establish
that the issue is with the upgrade process rather than a fresh install.
  Do let us know how that goes.

I'll post a separate review of the Asus shortly.

Mike