[Klug-general] Worst Ubuntu update ever

Michael E. Rentell michael.rentell at ntlworld.com
Sat Apr 28 11:50:05 UTC 2012

On 28/04/12 12:05, Colin McCarthy wrote:
> I've disliked Unity since it's release but have been upgrading my
> desktop to the latest version each time and have just been using their
> 'classic' desktop.
>
> The upgrade to 12.04 has been the worst update of all the updates.
> Unity or Classic arent working correctly. This is now my desktop
> https://twitter.com/#!/colinmccarthy/status/195967208998961152/photo/1
> <https://twitter.com/#%21/colinmccarthy/status/195967208998961152/photo/1> completely
> unusable.
>
> By now I would expect a smoother update from Ubuntu.
>
> Anyone else made the mistake of updating and having issues?

Yes, I saw from the magazine that Ubuntu's management had dropped any
reference to Linux in 12.04. It is now 'the Ubuntu Operating System'
running 'the Ubuntu kernel'. Damn sauce!

That was enough for me to upgrade, but to Linux Mint 12 (64-bit KDE). It
went in a dream, saw all my printers and network and '..just works.'  It
also acknowledges its multi-creator heritage.

Bye bye Ubuntu, ya shoulda acknowledged your heritage.
MikeR