[Klug-general] Meeting Themes

Kevin Groves kgroves at ksoft-electrical-projects.co.uk
Mon Apr 30 18:46:54 UTC 2012

Hello All,

I really appropriate the enthusiasm you are all showing. But before we
can actually run a meeting we will need content no matter where its
based. As I promised I have a list of general themes, and I apologise
now for the obvious themes :-). What I'm after is offers (or even
actual) of content in those general areas, and if they can cross more
than one theme then even better as it makes spreading the content easier.

The meetings will go along the lines of user and technical streams, side
by side if there is a load of content or split between so that I can set
a timetable if possible. Think along the lines of a proper conference,
might not get to that level but lets try! I don't care how long the
content to be presented is, if anyone needs any help or advice then just
ask and I will do what I can.

Apart from the themed aspect I will schedule in regular breaks,
break-out sessions, general round table chats about whatever. If anyone
has any event management experience I may need a hand so please make
yourself known. :-)

So please get your thinking hats on and over the next few weeks throw
over ideas etc. If you can aim for the first topic as that I think is
the easiest to come up with stuff considering what I can remember of
previous meets. If you have stuff for other sessions then no problem!

Media (graphics, music, printing, gaming)
Business (office applications, db, BI, CRM/ERP, web)
Science (electronics, engineering, etc)
Geekout (programming, gagetry)
Social
Networks
Enviromental
Around the world
Education

Some of those topics are fairly vague too, but that's the point it may
bring out some interesting ideas.

Thanks

Kev,